It is not easy to decide to have breast reconstruction. Every woman’s needs are different, and each must determine what is right for her. However, so many questions arise.
As any woman considering having a reconstruction has many questions, I thought it would be good to collect testimonials on breast reconstruction from members of the community.
Tell us your story. Here are some frequently asked questions that can help get you started on your story.
- Have you had breast reconstruction? If yes, why? If not, why not?
- What type of intervention did you undergo? DIEP or TRAM?
- Did your surgery take place immediately, or later? Why?
- Did you have the other breast reconstructed to be similar to the new breast?
- How long did your convalescence last?
- Are you satisfied with the results?
- What advice would you give to a woman who is considering having a reconstruction?